NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer Level I
Course Total $1,000.00
Students will be able to take the cognitive materials learned over their 8 week session and have instruction on the practical components of the NFPA 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Level 1. This practical skill development program offers the student the ability to complete the requirements of the practical components with training from a qualified instructor who will train and mentor the required skills to be ready for the evaluations required for Fire Officer Level 1.
Program Cognitive Length
8 weeks (40 Hours)
The Fire Officer I curriculum identifies the performance requirements necessary to perform the duties of a first line supervisor. This course introduces the student to the basic concepts of management and supervision by concentration on such topics as: organizational structure, communication skills, human resource management, public relations, planning, emergency service delivery, and safety.
This course is designed to assist the participants in making the transition from firefighter to company officer. Upon completion of this course the student till be able to explain the role and responsibilities of the company officer. The student will identify and use the four steps of the teaching techniques identified in NFPA 1041. The student will be able to identify the components of the Incident Command System as an emergency management tool and describe the elements of an incident analysis and fire behavior factors. The student will be able to describe the capabilities and limitations of engine and truck company operations. The student will participate in scenarios that related the major tactical functions of the fire department and the need for coordination during tactical operations.
8 weeks (40 Hours)
Firefighter II and Fire Instructor I certified
Accredited Certification Level:
In order to obtain your Fire Officer Level 1 certification, you are required to take your Champions Fire College Certificate of Course Completion and complete a certification exam and skills evaluation as provided by Champions Fire College in accordance with the requirements of your province or state.
NFPA 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications.
Student Equipment and Course Materials:
• Text – IFSTA Fire and Emergency Services Company Officer, 4th edition.
• The textbook is available for on-line purchase from the Champions Fire College Storefront.
Pricing is in Canadian Dollars
Ready to Register?
Not the course you were looking for? Select a different one below.
- NFPA 1001 and NFPA 472 – Complete Firefighter Program
- NFPA 1006 – Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications Basic Rescuer Program
- NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer Combo Pack
- NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer Level I
- NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer Level II
- NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer Level III
- NFPA 1021 – Fire Officer Level IV
- NFPA 1031 – Fire Inspector
- NFPA 1033 – Fire Investigator
- NFPA 1035 – Combo pack
- NFPA 1035 – Level I Public Fire and Life Educator
- NFPA 1035 – Level II Public Fire and Life Educator
- NFPA 1035 – Level III Public Fire and Life Educator
- NFPA 1041 – Fire Service Instructor Combo Pack
- NFPA 1041 – Fire Service Instructor Level I
- NFPA 1041 – Fire Service Instructor Level II
- NFPA 1041 – Fire Service Instructor Level III
- NFPA 1051 – Wildland FireFighter Level I
- NFPA 1051 – Wildland FireFighter Level II
- NFPA 1051- Wildland Combo both Levels
- NFPA 1081 – Advanced Exterior
- NFPA 1081 – Brigade Leader
- NFPA 1081 – Combo Pack
- NFPA 1081 – Incipient Level
- NFPA 1081 – Interior Structural
- NFPA 472 – Awareness